QR codes are not a new phenomenon—but in recent years they’ve become more useful! A QR code is like a barcode scanner, except for your phone. When they were first introduced, users had to download a special app on their phones to scan them. The technology has advanced and now anybody can scan a QR code just by holding their camera over it.
You may have seen this technology used in recent times to reduce paper usage in restaurants during COVID-19. Instead of distributing paper menus, many restaurants instead placed a QR code on the table allowing diners to scan and read the menu (or even order) in a touch-less environment.
Now that QR codes are more universally readable, they have an important place in aesthetic practices. In this article, we’ll take a look at 5 ways to leverage them to improve patient engagement. Before we get started, you can make your own QR code by visiting: QR Code Generator.
QR codes can direct visitors to your website, assist in sharing contact information, create a text message to a pre-populated phone number, and more. Use the QR Code Generator to create a QR code based on your desired call to action.
- Check-Out Signage
- Post a sign with a QR code at checkout with a call to action. For example, collect more patient reviews! Link your QR code to your Google review page and ask patients to write a review at check-out. In exchange, you can provide them with a sample or a coupon.
- Print Advertisements
- If you do any print advertising or direct mail, consider adding a QR code that directs to your website, promotional page, booking form, etc. It is often difficult to bridge the gap between the print and digital world—QR codes can help!
- Take-Home Cards
- Include take-home cards with samples, purchases, and packets. On these take-home cards, include a call to action such as “Follow us on Instagram”. Include an incentive such as “Receive a Free Gift when you Follow us” or “Tag us in a selfie testimonial video”.
- Use the QR code to direct the patient to your Instagram page.
- Business Cards
- Include a QR code on your own business cards that links to your vcard to make it easier for recipients to add you to their phone’s contact database.
- Provide patients with referral cards to distribute to their friends. Use a QR code to direct the recipient to a pre-populated email or text message that provides exclusive access to a first-time patient offer.
Get started generating referrals, reviews, and social followers with QR codes! Our team is available to further discuss strategies to improve patient engagement!
At Synergy Aesthetics, we are here to support you. Our team is available to speak with you should you have any questions, contact us today—Your Success is Our Success!